One of the main reasons people love the siding Kansas City has to offer is that it is so low-maintenance and looks great for years to come. However, there are a few maintenance steps diligent homeowners can take once they make the investment to guarantee that their homes remain guarded against the elements and looking their finest.
Periodically, it’s a good idea to wash vinyl siding with the hose to remove any insects, cobwebs or dirt that may have collected over the months. Before washing, close all windows and cover landscaping. You can use a regular garden hose or a power-washer. Tree sap and stubborn stains can be removed with mineral spirits, raw linseed oil or auto bug and tar remover. Regular dish detergent can clean off dirt, but be sure you rinse from top to bottom to avoid soap lines. It’s a good idea to clean your Kansas City vinyl siding once a year to keep sediment and filth away.
Special Vinyl Siding Considerations & Precautions
- When you’re purchasing vinyl siding, you may want to think twice about choosing wood grain or pebble finish, as these styles require more frequent washing.
- You will want rain gutters installed on your home so you don’t have to clean the siding more often.
- Avoid using rubbing compound on the siding, as it will cause permanent scratches.
- In the cold weather, do your best to avoid hitting the siding, as it becomes brittle in freezing temperatures.
- Keep your hot grill away from the vinyl, as it may cause melting.
- Do not paint over vinyl. It does not cling well to the vinyl’s surface. Instead, you’ll want to repair or replace.
Are You Looking For The Best Siding Kansas City Has To Offer?
All-Weather Windows, Doors and Siding was founded in 1986. Over the past 25 years, we’ve served over 38,000 customers. Please contact us for a FREE siding consultation today! We’d love to show you our portfolio. Also, every customer that registers for a free consultation before August 1st will be entered to win a $100 GAS GIFT CARD!